02 December 2011

How to backup VPN connections in Windows 7

I'm sure more of you have wondered wether it's possible to backup your VPN connections stored in your windows 7 pc, after some exploring I found the file where they are stored.
Actually it's called a "phonebook" in windows and is located at:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk

If you double click the PBK file it will show you all connections. So as you can see the VPN connections are stored there and can be easily exported.

2 comments:

Saar said...

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Very informative article about backup VPN connections in Windows 7! I will also be investing in the best vpn china and this info will be helpful for me to backup the connections if lost. Recently I am doing a research on finding the best service. Can you share your opinion regarding NordVPN in China?