02 December 2011

repairing a waterdamaged blackberry

So for some reason someone felt the need to spill a glass of applejuice on my blackberry.
At first all seemed well and I dried it off a little and it was still OK.

The morning after my phone was still doing what it should until I tried to check my mails. I got the little clock symbol and then it shut down. I opened the phone and saw that the waterindicators were red...
The phone wouldn't boot and show a constant red led. When connected to AC power it would show a "battery missing" on the display.

So I took the phone and put it in a box of dried rice for 3 days, not expecting anything of it. Since I didn't remove the battery right after it got wet, nor did I clean the phone with rubbing alcohol...
But sure enough after 3 days the phone booted and was working the same a before :)

No comments: